Just hours ago, Twitter launched a new design option for accounts, and I strongly recommend you take a moment to update your own Twitter account to take advantage of it. Now, at the top of every page, you can add a larger header image. If it looks familiar, it should — Twitter basically copied Facebook’s “Timeline cover image” idea. 😉 Here’s ours:
To add yours:
- Log into your Twitter account
- Click the Gear icon in the top-right (1) and select Settings
- Click Design (2), then the Change Header button (3)
- Upload any large image, then Twitter will let you size it.
- Click okay, and you’re done! Click the “Me” link at the top of the page to see your work.
Here are the main areas to click: