Smart Communities, Engaged Citizens
And your community’s voice is, well, is an aging web site.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Using the same web sites that your civic stakeholders are already using, you could be helping lead the dialogue, getting important information to people, collecting opinion on issues from zoning to schools to property tax. And all with safe, secure, and standards-compliant tools.
Tod Maffin will show your attendees how successful cities and communities your size are already using mobile and social media to be more effective in their communications, cutting costs, and — most importantly — developing an engaged, active citizen base.
He’ll break down three successful campaigns for re-election and walk your group how the elected representative used specific digital tactics.
The keynote is fast-paced, information-packed, and fun!
- Build real connections with socially influencial citizens and voters
- Create a community-needs viral idea platform
- Avoid the big “tweet mistakes” which have taken down politicians’ careers
- Deploy the key online relationship-building ethos (authenticity, opinion-seeking, and humanity) in your communications
- Ensure your messages are reaching your targets on Facebook’s busy news feed (without buying ads)
- Use social tools to get elected or re-elected (with lots of successful campaign case studies)
- Develop a “social influencer outreach” campaign team